Monday, May 9, 2016

Nutten but Mountain

    This past weekend I got some free time to hit the western slopes of Massanutten. I spent the first hour hiking up to Leighton's Lookout with an old co-worker of mine. I've biked this trail many times but I wanted to get a chance to see it from foot (which is well worth the hike up). This overlook is one the best views in the area and a fitting memorial to a well known and respected cyclist from the Harrisonburg area, Leighton Thomas Shank. If you've seen the sign and haven't yet checked the spot out please do next time, the view is fantastic.

     After a quick hike down I hopped on my trek for some good ole Massanutten shreddage. On the way up the fire road (don't judge) I got lucky and ran into a buddy from Bluestone who was cool enough to shuttle me to the top of 2K. After some rocky fun, I headed to granny grind for a sweet run down to the lake.






Calories spent, I took some well earned time to chill at the waters edge. See you guys on the mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment