Friday, May 12, 2017

Confident City Cycling Class!

Displaying IMG_5282.JPG




Hello everyone! The Confident City Cycling class will be held on Saturday, May 20  at Westover park. It will be led by League of American Bicyclists Cycling Instructors. I took this class last year and it was an awesome experience. I had just bought my bike and I was still nervous about riding it around town. 

This class gave me the confidence I needed to get out of my shell and to make good use of my beautiful bike. I was a beginner, but the amount of experience each student had varied. The instructors were very helpful and answered all my questions. 

Among other things, we learned about the importance of checking our bikes over before each ride to make sure everything is ready to go. We did exercises that prepared us for situations we may face while driving in traffic and in trails ( such as roadkill, angry drivers, and rocks). I was also taught how to change a flat which helped me feel less anxious about riding long distances. 

Take this class! It's freaking awesome. Here's a link with more info!

http://svbcoalition.org/bike-education/classes/#CCC

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this post with us. I read it and found it amazing. I will share this video with my friends. Great article!

    ReplyDelete