Tuesday, September 29, 2015

My New Friend, Leznye

Do you have money that's burning a hole in your pocket? Even the most frugal of us have been in this position. A week or so back I found myself wanting the ultimate multi-tool. Over the last seven years of bike commuting I have attempted to perfect my bike pouch. It's a dirty, red pencil pouch from my adolescent days filled with extra tubes, quick links, patches, spoke wrenches, you name it. 

What it's always lacked is a nice multi-tool. I've used multiple in the past, but they were cheap and ended up being more of a headache than my repair at hand. After my last cheap one broke, I resorted to a hilariously bulky three-way (4, 5, 6mm) allen wrench. 

It was time for something nice, something appropriate. My search came down to the Topeak Alien, which comes in at $49.99 and the Lezyne CRV-12, a mere $29.99. 

The Alien looks great from the exterior, but it boiled down to a philosophy I usually get defeated on: packing too many features into one device, thus sacrificing the quality of its main intention, a tool. 

The Lezyne CRV-12 is the perfect multi-tool for your pack, coming in at 150 grams, you know if that's your thing to count those, it features all the necessary functions:

  • 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 mm allen keys
  • Phillips #1
  • 8, 9, 10 spd chain tool 
On a tool this size, it's rare to find a chain tool and paired with a <$5 quick link, it can surely save your tush on the road. 

All in all, we are trying to do a better job reviewing products here at the shop. I highly recommend this tool for anyone looking to keep their bike operable, whether rolling through one of our local universities or on the backside of Reddish during your 50-mile morning. 

   
Closed up, the CRV-12 is smaller than a credit card. 
   

Life's full of decisions, GET THE RIGHT MULTI-TOOL!


The tool's short purchase gives exceptional leverage on tightening bolts while on the trail. 

U

No comments:

Post a Comment