Friday, April 24, 2015

Days gone by

So pre Harrisonburg my life was a rolling bicycle party. The 90s were spent pulling packages couch surfing riding track bikes with other like minded renegades....that's right track bikes not fashion fixed gears living life on our terms and making enemies I mean memories! Lately a lot of my former partners in crime have gone on from this planet and that's had me going thru boxes looking at old photographs. These dudes all had an impact on me but non more than my brother Beaver. He was and is what bicycling will always be to me.......freedom. He wasn't impressed with fancy bicycles and could care less what kit you had. He just dug riding and ain't that what it's all about? Here are a few pictures from NYC in 96 or 97 maybe. Can't remember. We had too much fun back then! The first is Beaver and Lisa rolling to Grants tomb during a courier race. Second is me and Drago apparently having a great time at abc del rio. If you don't know it's long gone and was always a cool spot to see a band and chill. Third is me carrying 2 bags hustling up 8th ave making that money. And finally Beaver hydrating. My man could always put his hand on a Black Label. Most of my best memories from this time include #34 Beaver. 14 to 34 see you at dollar Bud night in the sky! Hope you dug walking down my memory lane. Now go get on your 2 wheeled machine and make some memories of your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment