Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Oregon Rail Trail

While I lived in Oregon, I had been wanting to ride my bike on a 21 mile long paved rail to trail called Banks–Vernonia State Trail. The trail is about 45 minute drive west of Portland. My friend finally decided to join me exploring the trail and I was more than eager to check it out. Also, I had never ridden a bike more than 10 miles and our mission was to ride the whole trail forth and back which means 42 miles total. Of course, I was a bit nervous; however, I was fascinated by its beautiful scenery that made the whole trip go by fast. I truly enjoyed the journey and workout. If you have a chance to check it out, make sure to stop by The Black Iron Grill at the end of the path in Vernonia for beer and delicious grub on your break.

No comments:

Post a Comment