Monday, October 5, 2015

Harrisonburg Newbie

Moving from Ohio to Virginia was quite the experience.  I was nervous about making the move. I have had my roots deep in Dayton since college and loved the climbing and biking community there.  As soon as I arrived in Harrisonburg, I saw bike lanes throughout the city.  It was a good sign.  I started doing some adventuring around town and found the Shenandoah Bicycle Company.  I was jobless and ready to get my work on.  Tim and Thomas greeted me and after talking with them for less than five minutes I knew I wanted to work there.  As soon as I started working for SBC I quickly began to get a grasp on how big biking in general is out here.  
I have participated in triathlons through out Ohio and cannot wait to start participating in races out here.  Biking around, I have noticed how breathtaking the scenery is.

This dreary weather has me already planning fun rides for the winter.  Who wouldn't like to see 40 people dressed as Santa riding their bikes through the city?
Here at SBC and PULP we have fall events and weekly ride schedules for anyone to take. Or you can visit svbcoalition.org for the online version.  I am stoked about going on my first bike camping trip on October 24 and 25!  Living in Harrisonburg and working at SBC has really opened the doors for me to try new things in a new environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment