Friday, December 11, 2015

Book Learnin'

Some of you may have noticed that I'm not in the shop as much these days as has been typical over the last several years. I miss seeing all of your smiling faces, but I am in pursuit of knowledge! Over the summer, I started back to school at JMU studying Geographic Science. It was an interesting transition from using a phone to keep up with email to full immersion in a tech-intensive field. It's been good to stretch myself and learn new things. I am working on a project mapping some bicycle goodness in the area that I hope to share down the road.

One of the perks of playing with maps is access to all sorts of good imagery from satellites and airplanes. Check out this goodie of our treasured Massanutten collected in 1994:

No comments:

Post a Comment