Friday, December 4, 2015

Ground breaking: Big rig on Tillman!

Unloading the beast!
Late Wednesday evening I got email..."We are ready to go can you meet at 8am?".   This was an email I was not expecting to receive yet, but very glad to have in my inbox. I knew I would have to do a last minute rearranging of my schedule, the great thing about having an awesome staff at SBC is I can change my schedule at the last minute and the crew covers the bases. The correspondance in my inbox referred to the start of the new Tillman Road parking lot.  
The first dig!

One of the reasons I love working at the bike shop is the opportunity to be involved with so many great projects outside the shop, projects that provide more opportunities for folks to get outside and enjoy life on two wheels.  No better place to give back to our community then the National Forest, our local playground that is incredible underfunded and always strapped for help. 

To find stay up to date with upcoming projects or way to help out with all the exciting projects that are about to happen in the next year stay in tune with the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition

It is has always been a lot work but great fun to help the Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition with successful trail projects like the new Tillman Road Parking Lot. I look forward to spending more time west of town as SVBC unleashes a treasure chest of trail improvements!
No turning back now!



No comments:

Post a Comment