Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Blue Hole


Please keep Blue Hole blue.
My best friend, Justin, brought me to his grandmother's old house in Rawley Springs when I was a teenager and asked me if I wanted to jump in a super cold river with him. I was like "Why the hell not?". It was in November and, of course, we were silly teenagers. However, I followed Justin on a quarter mile trail and as soon as we arrived there, I was absolutely in awe of that spot which is called Blue Hole. My feet got in the water and they immediately became numb. I looked at Justin and said, "Are you freaking kidding me!?". Justin just jumped into the water and quickly got out of it as if he was having a hard time to breathe. I knew I had to do it. Well, my whole body literally felt like collapsed lungs. As we headed back to the grandmother's house, I realized I felt a whole new human and delighted. I was hooked and have kept coming back for a quick swim. It has became my morning routine for summers.

No comments:

Post a Comment