Monday, June 22, 2015

Week internship at Shenandoah Bicycle Company.

"Nate" Layman dove into bike shop culture this week as our first intern.  Like a sponge, he absorbed more than just bike shop work methods, hopefully not too many paint fumes...  Here's his personal account:
I've always wanted to work at a bike shop. The opportunity arose when my mom asked me what I wanted to do this week. She suggested that I talk to Thomas about helping out at the coolest place in the world: Shenandoah Bicycle Company. So I emailed Thomas and he accepted the offer. I was stoked. When I started I didn't know what to expect.

Whether assembling bike racks, or prepping mountain bikes, I've been busy the whole time. I even inhaled paint fumes while spraying painting the bike wash station. It has been an amazing experience and I want to thank the SBC staff for letting me help out. Hopefully in the future I will be able to be an employee at the Shenandoah Bicycle Company!

No comments:

Post a Comment