Saturday, June 20, 2015

Skateboarding Rules



One day, my older brother left a Thrasher Magazine on a couch and I saw some dude catching air with a board under his feet on its cover. I became very curious and studied every single page. A few months later, my mother got my brother a skateboard for Easter and I was like, "Hey, hey, what about me!?". My mother knew it would break my heart if she didn't provide me one. I was 9 years old. Anyway, I started to follow my brother skating and saw him doing some flatground ollies. I knew I had to learn the trick and it took me a month to be finally comfortable. I have kept learning new tricks since then. It has been 29 years. If it wasn't for skateboarding, I wouldn't have had a snowboarding career or became a world class traveler. Skateboarding changed my life forever. 


We do need a concrete skate park in Harrisonburg. It would give kids a sense of purpose in their lives. Also, it would keep them off the streets. What are we waiting for!?

No comments:

Post a Comment