Saturday, April 30, 2016

A preview of the Salsa Redpoint & More!



Friday I was able to get out and take the new Salsa Redpoint to the  SVBC projects on Hankey Mountain.  I come from the 90's cross country race back ground so I was super hesitant to drag a 150mm travel bike up 1500' vertical feet.  My mind of longer travel woods bikes is still scared from some of the earlier projects that companies put out 15 years ago.

The Redpoint heading up the last part of Dowells
Well, times have changed and the longer travel bikes are riding great in both directions, up and down. The Redpoint climbed  with great traction and the front end stayed down even on the upper steep pitches on the final ascent to the top of Hankey.  Once at the stop, I was able to turn the bike downhill and enjoy the stable ride on the fast straight sections of upper Dowells.

Why we call it "Magic Moss Trail"
When I took the turn to "Magic Moss", I thought the bike would not react quick enough for the half-track , super tight turns of this trail. No problem, it gave me the agility needed to enjoy this unused trail in the forest! After scouting out the latest project on Lower Hankey I returned to Dowells and felt right at home descending the off camber roller coaster ride of Dowells Draft.

Me and the Red Point...finding the log line!

Come our next weekend to the SBC/Salsa Demo give one a try yourself! There will also be other great Salsa models available including the Pony Rustler, Warbird,  Spearfish, El Mariachi, and Beargrease. Until then I will try and get more rides on the Redpoint before it ends back up on the Salsa demo van.

See you at Stokesville for the Demo...and don't forget the Thursday clinic at SBC!

Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment