Friday, April 29, 2016

Jeremy Cline in Snowboarder Mag

Last year, Snowboarder Magazine's 19th annual Super Park came to Seven Springs, PA.  This was the first time SuperPark was held on the East Coast.  I knew I had to show up and have fun, even though I wasn't invited.  I was sure the event founder would let me in since he sent me a few invitations to prior SuperPark events. On the first day of the 4 day event, it was a bluebird day and we all were just having a blast hitting new jumps and rails. My friend suggested that four of us should do something unique at the same time on the last takeoff.  We went for it and nailed it on the second try. The very next day, a well-known photographer, Ethan Stone aka E-Stone, posted a photo of the four of us on the Snowboarder Magazine website.  I was in awe that he happened to be there shooting us in the right spot at the right time. I met him a few times in early 2000's and sent him a FB message asking for the raw photo file for personal use.  His response was, "Yes, I will send you one, but you can't post this anywhere on the internet because it will show up in the issue next year". Eight months later, the magazines hit the stands as I eagerly found the photo. It was my 22nd appearance in snowboard magazines and this was my biggest photo accomplishment because three of us in the photo grew up riding at underrated Massanutten as well as it was taken by one of the most well known snowboarding photographers in the world. Also, that was taken three hours away from Harrisonburg. This happened in the first Super Park in the East Coast. Psyched.

On another note, I was able to ride with the No Names crew at Massanutten this past winter, it was awesome.  See if you can find me.

No Names @ Massanutten from No Names on Vimeo.

1 comment: