Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Odd Find at Fridley Gap

On April 11th, my friend asked me if I wanted to join her hiking on a beautiful day.  I suggested that we should hit Fridley Gap. After a few steps on the trail, we happened to find a hairless tiny baby as my friend said it was screaming and crying. Naturally, we felt so helpless. I figured to leave it alone and maybe the mother will come back and pick it up in a bit. An hour later, we came back to the same spot where we found the baby and it was still here crying. We thought it was maybe a baby squirrel. My friend couldn't resist it due to its constantly screaming and crying; she decided to call the wildlife rescue. We brought it along with us and someone from the wildlife rescue came to her house and confirmed it was either a baby ferret or weasel. We thought it was possibly a ferret due its long body, but didn't think it would exist in the Valley. What a surprise.
The wildlife rescue will keep us updated on the wildlife animal's survival in a week or so. If it survives and is happened to be a black footed ferret, my friend would love to adopt it and we would name her Squirrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment